★★★★★ 1 vote5
·poblano, green chili or bell pepper
2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
4 tspcoconut oil
1 lbnitrite/nitrate free beef or pork sausage links, cooked and sliced
4 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make ROASTED PEPPER AND SAUSAGE OMELET
- Put pepper in a heavy bottomed pan over high heat. Turn pepper as skin begins to blacken and blister on each side. When blistered on all sides, remove from pan and put in a plastic bag with a few drops of water; seal the bag immediately with plenty of air trapped inside. Wait 5 minutes. Remove from bag, cut out seeds, remove skin and dice.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small bowl and add freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp coconut oil when hot.
- Add 1/4 of the egg mixture to hot pan. As the egg starts to set, add half of the remaining ingredients to one half of the pan.
- When fully set, fold half of the egg over the filling, and cook a minute more.
- Repeat with second, third and fourth omelet.