Rice N Eggs--breakfast/lunch
But it is especially good for anybody recovering from an illness. Eggs and rice are both mild tasting, easy on the stomach and easily digested. It is a successful way to reintroduce protien to the body.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- leftover rice of any kind--white, brown, boxed rice a roni
- salt and pepper
How to Make Rice N Eggs--breakfast/lunch
- 1Spray a skillet or add a tiney bit of oil for frying the rice.
Heat the skillet...medium/high
- 2Add rice to skillet and press into patty-like size & shape. You can do a whole pan at a time or just a scoop of rice depending on need.
Fry to warm and crisp up the bottom a bit. If you stir it that's fine..just reform the patty-like shape afterwards because that becomes the surface for cooking your eggs.
- 3When the rice is cooked to your liking, crack 1-3 eggs on top of the patty. The idea is to keep the yolks on top of the rice. The idea here is to keep the yolks soft.
Using a utensil, wiggle little spaces in the patty for the heat to rise up through to help steam/cook the egg whites from the bottom up.
Cover with a lid...cook till the whites are starting to set then turn off the heat.
Do Not Remove the Lid Until the Eggs are cooked..for best results.
- 4Using spatula, scoop into a bowl and salt and pepper to taste.