The Royal Reuben Omelet
Wow, talk about a "decadent omelet" this is it! Every bite is bursting with Reuben flavor and it is such a satisfying omelet too. I love the Shamrock toast to dip in the Swiss cheese sauce. Yumm
- 2 oz
- corned beef, (from deli) torn
- 1/2 c
- 3 large
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 bottle
- thousand island dressing or miracle whip's "secret burger sauce"
- salt & pepper
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- cream or half and half, (approx. give or take a little)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/2 c
- swiss cheese, shredded (try & get a good strong swiss)
- dark rye or irish soda bread
- shamrock cookie cutter
- 2 stalk(s)
- green onion, chopped
CHEESE SAUCE AND SHAMROCK TOAST
How to Make The Royal Reuben Omelet
- 3Beat your eggs and milk in a bowl with a little salt & pepper. Add to a heated pan w/hot oil and pour in. Now, swirl around a litte so that your omelet cooks evenly. Lift up the edges of egg mixture with spatula to allow uncooked egg to run under. Once it is almost cooked through add your hot corned beef, kraut on top and then squirt on your Thousand Island dressing.
- 5Meanwhile, heat your butter on medium/low heat in a small pan and then add your flour; stir till combined. Then add your 1/4 cup of half and half and continue to stir. Add, your seasonings and shredded Swiss cheese. Whisk till completely melted and is a nice "pour" consistency. If it is too thick add more half & half.
- 6Since I live in a town with a few "Irish" folks, I was unable to find any Thousand Island dressing and found an amazing product called "Secret Burger Sauce". On the back of the bottle it reads: "Why go out to a burger joint when you enjoy this bold twist on thousand island flavor at home?." ---This worked perfectly!