Red -Flannel Hash
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbrusset potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice
4 Tbspolive oil. sometimes i use truffle oil.
8 ozfresh steamed beets or you can use canned..cut into 1/4 inch dice
1 mediumsweet onion, finely chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 tspfresh thyme
1 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
1/3 cparmesan cheese
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Red -Flannel Hash
- Toss potatoes with 1 Tbsp. of oil & some salt & pepper. Place in a bowl. Put beets in a separate bowl.
- Warm 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sprinkle with salt; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Stir into bowl with beets.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of oil to skillet. Saute potatoes until golden, 10 minutes. Stir in milk, scrape bits off bottom of skillet; boil until most of the milk has evaporated, 1 minute.
- Add beet mixture, thyme & 1/2 of parsley to skillet; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese. Season with salt & pepper; toss well.
- In a separate non stick skillet, fry eggs to desired doneness. I prefer mine...dippy. Divide hash among 4 bowls or plates (your choice), sprinkle with remaining parsley, top each with an egg and serve