How to Make Quiche Lorraine
- In large bowl beat eggs, cream, salt, and pepper together; set aside.
- In small skillet over medium heat melt butter; add onions. Slowly fry until onions are lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place onions and bacon into bottom of pie shells. Top with shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture into shells over other ingredients. Sprinkle quiche with fresh nutmeg.
- Bake at 425°F 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking 40 minutes until quiche has set. Place on rack and cool slightly.
- Serve warm. We enjoy a mix of fresh fruit (sometimes with dip), breakfast pastries, and assorted beverages.