Quiche "Grab 'N Go"
Seriously, I love quiche, and I have made them in muffin tins many times. These can be eaten cold, or warmed in the microwave before eating.
3 slicebacon, chopped
4 ozham, chopped
1/4 cdiced onion
1/3 cdiced green pepper
1 1/2 cshredded swiss cheese
3/4 cliquid egg substitute
1/2 clight cream or milk
1/2 to 1 tspsalt
1/4 to 1/2 tspground black pepper
How to Make Quiche "Grab 'N Go"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or wipe a Texas muffin pan (6 large cups) with oil.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon crisp. Remove bacon but leave fat in skillet. Cook ham in bacon fat until starting to crisp. Remove from skillet, leaving fat in pan. Cook onions and peppers in bacon fat until wilted and fragrant. Drain fat and combine bacon, ham, onions, and peppers.
- Place mixture evenly in each of the muffin cups. Place about 1/4 cup of the cheese in each muffin cup.
- Beat together eggs, egg substitute, cream or milk, and salt & pepper. Pour evenly in each muffin cup (about 1/3 cup mixture per quiche).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until puffed and eggs are set. Test with toothpick in center; it should come out clean. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan. Wrap individually after completely cool, and refrigerate or freeze for future use.