OVER EASY LOADED BREAKFAST TOSTADA
1 largeflour tortilla
1/4-1/3 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 sliceroasted turkey or ham lunchmeat, chopped
2 largeeggs (local farm-fresh preferred)
1 Tbspreal hickory smoked bacon bits
1-1 1/2 tspminced fresh chives
1 pinchsalt & pepper to taste
How to Make OVER EASY LOADED BREAKFAST TOSTADA
- For crispy tortilla: Place tortilla in medium or large nonstick skillet; warm over medium heat until bottom side of tortilla develops brown spots and feels crispy; flip tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and reduce heat to low. (See #4.)
- While tortilla is warming, heat chopped lunchmeat, in a small nonstick skillet, over medium/medium high heat, for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Scatter warmed turkey/ham over cheese; check bottom of tortilla; for crispy tortilla, increase heat slightly if it's not browning and leave uncovered (be sure to keep an eye on it while frying eggs;) for soft tortilla, make sure bottom is not browning and replace lid.
- Add butter to skillet used to warm lunchmeat; melt over medium heat.
- Carefully turn eggs over and fry for another minute or so (egg yolks should be warm, yet runny and the whites should be firm. In other words, over easy.)
- Shut off heat for both burners; slide eggs onto prepared tortilla.