Onion & Bacon Scromlettes w/Grilled Bagels
How to Make Onion & Bacon Scromlettes w/Grilled Bagels
- In a 10" skillet, pour the oil and set on low heat while slicing the onion.
- Slice the onion thinly, to allow them to cook quickly. When the oil is hot, slide the onions into the pan and spread them out. Turn up the heat a little and let cook until they start to caramelize, about 10 min. Lower the heat and keep an eye one them once they start to brown to prevent burning.
- While the onions are cooking, dice the cooked bacon strips. In a small bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Set aside.
- Once the onions have caramelized, drain if needed, then return to the pan with the bacon. Over medium heat let the bacon warm up (about 3 min). Pour the egg mixture over the onions and bacon and let it start to set up. Once the egg starts to firm up, flip the whole thing over to finish setting up. Place two slices of American Cheese on top to melt.
- Butter the inside of the bagel slices. Slide the finished scromlete onto a plate and place the buttered sides of the bagels into the pan to toast (about 1 minute). Plate the grilled bagels and enjoy.