This is one of my favorites because you can do all sorts of things with this type of dish.
I hope you try and enjoy it!
- 1-2 c
- rice (jasmine recommended)
- carrots, mushrooms, green onion, any other veggies you like
- any type of meat
How to Make Omelette Rice
- 1Chop all vegetables and meat into small pieces.
Mix eggs together as you would an omelette.
First cook your vegetables and meat (if you have any). Cook them throughly. Set aside.
- 2In the same pan, saute the already cooked rice lightly with a pinch of salt and oil.
Then add ketchup. About 2-3 good long squirts.
Add vegetables and meat to rice and saute for a about a minute, and take away from heat.
- 3In a separate pan, put a bit of oil and the egg mixture . Wait til eggs start to cook, then add the rice mixture in the middle.
Gently fold the eggs so it makes like a burrito and slide it on a plate.
Squeeze ketchup all over and serve.
The egg should only be about 90%-95% cooked, just enough so when you cut down the middle of the omelette a little bit of it runs.