THIS RECIPE WILL MAKE 6 OMELETS
16 ozsausage, cooked, drained
1 1/2 cgrated cheese
1/2large onion, diced
1/2green bell pepper, diced
7mushrooms, cleaned, diced
6quart size freezer bags
How to Make Omelets for Brunch
- Have ready on the stove top, one or two large pans of boiling water. The omelets will be ladeled into the bags, sealed and boiled until done.
- Beat the eggs with a little bit of milk or water (about 1/2 cup for this recipe). Set aside.
- In non-stick skillet, saute the vegetables until tender. Set aside. Brown the sausage, set aside.
- Each person gets their own quart size storage bag. We used a permanent marker to put the name of each person on the bag. Use Freezer bags only, they are thick and will take the boiling better. Add about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture per bag for a two-egg omelet.
- Have your guests choose from the ingredients above and add 1-2 tablespoons of each to their bag along with a little cheese. You can mix and match your ingredients, making a variety for your guests to choose from.
- Seal the bag, pressing out all of the air. Drop the bag into boiling water. It takes about 12-15 minutes for the omelet to cook. We did three in each pan of boiling water. Six cooked in this 12-15 minutes.
- Have your plate ready, remove bag from water, avoid steam, open and release onto your plate. Add cheese on top. The result is a moist, tender, fluffy omelet, perfectly cooked! Enjoy!