How to Make Omelet Secrets
- 1Soak eggs for 5 minutes in hot (not boiling) water. This will ensure that the omelet cooks faster & the faster it cooks, the more tender it's going to be. Add the eggs into a small bowl with the heavy cream. Season with salt & pepper. Whisk the eggs.
- 2Heat a nonstick saute pan over medium high heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Add butter. After melted, spread the butter around the pan by tilting pan to ensure coverage.
- 3Pour the eggs into center of the pan & move/tilt pan around fast to stir the eggs, about 5 seconds.
- 4As soon as curds begin to form, lift pan & tilt around until excess pours off the top of eggs & into the pan. Make sure omelet isn't sticking to pan. Let omelet cook unaccosted for 10 seconds so it can develop crust.
- 5Simply shake the pan gently to make sure the omelet is free of the pan. (At this time you can add any fillings that you want.) Lift up the far edge of the pan & snap it back towards you. Then use the spatula to fold over the 1/3 facing you. You may need to change you grip on the pan & move it to the plate. Slide the 1/4 farthest from you onto the plate & then ease the fold over.