OMELET IN AN ENGLISH MUFFIN
This is a Prevention recipe.
1/2 cfat-free egg substitute or egg whites
1/2 tspdried basil
1/3 cfinely chopped fully cooked chicken
1/4 csliced green onions
1 ozshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/3 cnonfat ranch dressing
1 tspprepared mustard
5whole wheat english muffins, split and toasted
How to Make OMELET IN AN ENGLISH MUFFIN
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- In small bowl, beat together egg, water, and basil. Stir in chicken and onions.
- Pour the egg mixture into hot skillet and cook until it begins to set. Turn the mixture to evenly cook. Cook until done and still moist on top. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Mix together dressing and mustard. Spread over muffin halves.
- Spoon egg mixture onto half of the muffin halves. Top with remaining muffin halves.
- Individually wrap and freeze each sandwich.
- To serve: Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Remove from freeze container and rewrap in foil. Heat in oven on 350 for about 15-25 minutes. Or microwave at 50% power for 1 min.