Niratama (Garlic Chive Scrambled Eggs)
How to Make Niratama (Garlic Chive Scrambled Eggs)
- 1Thoroughly wash the garlic chives in a bowl of water as they tend to hold a lot of grit towards the stems. Chop them into 1" (3 centimeter) lengths.
- 2Beat the eggs, sugar, soy sauce and salt together in a small bowl until uniform in color.
- 3Heat a nonstick frying pan, over medium-high heat, until hot. Add the oil and then the garlic chives, sautéing until they're bright green and wilted.
- 4Pour the eggs into the pan and turn down the heat. Let this cook until you see the bottom of the egg go from translucent to opaque.
- 5Give it a gentle stir, scraping the cooked egg up off the bottom of the pan, with a spatula and allowing the raw egg to run underneath. Let this cook until the bottom layer turns opaque and stir again.
- 6Repeat step 5 until the egg has reached your desired doneness. Keep in mind that the egg will continue to cook a little after you take it off the heat, so you want to aim for the niratama to to be just a bit less cooked than you want it.