MUSHROOM & CHIVE QUICHE
1unbaked deep-dish pastry crust
1 cheavy cream
1 cwhole milk
1/8 tspground white or black pepper
smallgrating of fresh nutmeg
3/4 cswiss or gruyere cheese, diced small or shredded
8 ozcan of mushrooms, drained and squeezed
1 Tbspfinely chopped onion or shallot
·sprinkle of black truffle salt (optional, but very good)
How to Make MUSHROOM & CHIVE QUICHE
- Pour cream and milk into a microwave-safe bowl or 2 cup glass measuring cup; warm in microwave 3 minutes at 1/2 power or 45 seconds at full power, stir and warm an additional 45 seconds at full power (do not overheat.) If this step is skipped, it will increase baking time to approximately 1 hour.
- Break 3 eggs into mixing bowl.
- Break the fourth egg; separate white from yolk over a small bowl; put yolk in mixing bowl with the eggs, set mixing bowl aside.
- Using a fork, beat the egg white in small bowl until slightly foamy.
- Using a pastry brush, brush uncooked crust with egg white; add any remaining egg white to eggs in mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into crust.