MUSHROOM & CHIVE QUICHE
- unbaked deep-dish pastry crust
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 4 large
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground white or black pepper
- grating of fresh nutmeg
- 3/4 c
- swiss or gruyere cheese, diced small or shredded
- 8 oz
- can of mushrooms, drained and squeezed
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion or shallot
- sprinkle of black truffle salt (optional, but very good)
How to Make MUSHROOM & CHIVE QUICHE
- 3Pour cream and milk into a microwave-safe bowl or 2 cup glass measuring cup; warm in microwave 3 minutes at 1/2 power or 45 seconds at full power, stir and warm an additional 45 seconds at full power (do not overheat.) If this step is skipped, it will increase baking time to approximately 1 hour.
- 4Break 3 eggs into mixing bowl.
- 5Break the fourth egg; separate white from yolk over a small bowl; put yolk in mixing bowl with the eggs, set mixing bowl aside.
- 6Using a fork, beat the egg white in small bowl until slightly foamy.
- 7Using a pastry brush, brush uncooked crust with egg white; add any remaining egg white to eggs in mixing bowl.
- 12Pour egg mixture into crust.