★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese (can use shredded cheddar)
- 1 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c
- half and half or milk (not less than 2%)
- 3-4 slice
- 1 c
- leeks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- onions, thinly sliced
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
How to Make Mom's Frittata
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F
- 2Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, then sauté leeks and onions in bacon drippings.
- 3Cut up bacon into small pieces. Spread bacon, leeks and onions in bottom of pie pan.
- 4In a bowl, toss together shredded cheese and flour, then spread over bacon, leeks and onions.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and cream, spices. Pour into pie pan.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 325°F and continue baking 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.