★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cshredded swiss cheese (can use shredded cheddar)
1 Tbspall-purpose flour
1 3/4 chalf and half or milk (not less than 2%)
1 cleeks, thinly sliced
1/2 conions, thinly sliced
·salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
How to Make Mom's Frittata
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, then sauté leeks and onions in bacon drippings.
- Cut up bacon into small pieces. Spread bacon, leeks and onions in bottom of pie pan.
- In a bowl, toss together shredded cheese and flour, then spread over bacon, leeks and onions.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and cream, spices. Pour into pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 325°F and continue baking 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.