Mini Mushroom-Sausage Quiches
8 ozturkey or pork breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
8 ozmushrooms, sliced
1/4 csliced scallions or regular onions
1/4 cshredded swiss, cheddar, and/or mozzarella cheese
1 tspfreshly ground pepper
How to Make Mini Mushroom-Sausage Quiches
- Preheat to 325 degrees. Coat a standard size nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and scallions to the pan and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the sausage; mix well. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, pepper and milk in a bowl; add cheese; mix well. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
- Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.