Migas (Tortilla Scramble)
- 6 large
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 4 oz
- can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 large
- tomato, chopped
- 1/4 c
- crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- (8-inch) flour tortillas
- hot sauce (optional)
- optional garnishes: sour cream, chopped green onions
How to Make Migas (Tortilla Scramble)
- 1In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly with the milk; set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, garlic, green chiles and tomato in the melted butter until tomato is soft and onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Pour eggs over the sautéed vegetables, and cook about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until eggs are slightly set.
- 3Sprinkle tortilla chips over eggs, and stir chips into eggs. Turn off heat, and sprinkle both cheeses over the egg mixture. Cover skillet and set aside until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, stack flour tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; microwave until tortillas are warmed, about 30 seconds.
- 5Divide the egg mixture among the warmed tortillas, and top with hot sauce, a dollop of sour cream, or chopped green onions, if desired.