By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- medium tomato, diced
- cloves garlic
- 1/4 c
- black olives, pitted and sliced
- scallions or green onions, chopped
- 4 large
- eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp
- skim milk
- 1 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- herb mixture of basil, oregano, thyme
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 oz
- feta cheese, crumbled
How to Make Mediterranean Omelette
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine well the pepper, tomato, garlic, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, scallions (green onions) and parsley.
- 2Set aside for as long as you can wait to let the flavors mingle, (at least 20 minutes).
- 3In another small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and herbs.
- 4Heat a lightly sprayed nonstick skillet or omelette pan and pour about one half of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- 5Swirl to the edges of the pan.
- 6Reduce the heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; then slide a spatula underneath the omelette to ease the excess mixture onto the pan's surface.
- 7When the omelet is light brown around the edges and the top surface is barely moist, add one-half of the vegetable mixture to one-half of the omelette, forming a half moon.
- 8Add about 1 ounce of the cheese to the mixture and gently fold over the other half of the omelet.
- 9Cover the pan and cook for about 1 minute more; then turn off the heat.
- 10Let the omelet sit in the pan for another minute or two until heated throught then slide onto a warm plate.
- 11Re-season the pan with vegetable spray and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- 12Makes 2 large omelettes, good for 2 hungry people or 4 people with side dishes.