By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1medium tomato, diced
1/4 cblack olives, pitted and sliced
2scallions or green onions, chopped
4 largeeggs or 1 cup egg substitute
2 Tbspskim milk
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
1 tsplemon juice
1 Tbspherb mixture of basil, oregano, thyme
2 ozfeta cheese, crumbled
How to Make Mediterranean Omelette
- In a small mixing bowl, combine well the pepper, tomato, garlic, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, scallions (green onions) and parsley.
- Set aside for as long as you can wait to let the flavors mingle, (at least 20 minutes).
- In another small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and herbs.
- Heat a lightly sprayed nonstick skillet or omelette pan and pour about one half of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Swirl to the edges of the pan.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; then slide a spatula underneath the omelette to ease the excess mixture onto the pan's surface.
- When the omelet is light brown around the edges and the top surface is barely moist, add one-half of the vegetable mixture to one-half of the omelette, forming a half moon.
- Add about 1 ounce of the cheese to the mixture and gently fold over the other half of the omelet.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 1 minute more; then turn off the heat.
- Let the omelet sit in the pan for another minute or two until heated throught then slide onto a warm plate.
- Re-season the pan with vegetable spray and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Makes 2 large omelettes, good for 2 hungry people or 4 people with side dishes.