Low Fat Breakfast Omelet1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 cmushrooms, sliced
1/4 cchopped green onion
1/4 cbell pepper, chopped
1/3 cchopped tomato
1/4 tspdried basil
8 ozegg substitute
1/4 cskim milk
1/2 ccheese, shredded, fat free
3 ozlow-fat ham, cooked
How to Make Low Fat Breakfast Omelet
- Spray non stick skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add all vegetables, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add basil and ham, cook 1-2 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In small bowl combine egg substitute, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Spray skillet with non stick spray, pour mixture into skillet.
- Cook until bottom is set, with spatula turn over.
- Spoon ham-vegetable mixture and cheese on half of omelet; fold other half over top.
- Do not overcook, omelet should be moist.
- Serve immediately (yield 2 omelets).
- Tips: If you do not have egg substitute, you may use 5 egg whites and 1 egg yolk (fat increases to 4 grams/half recipe or 1 omelet.)