Loaded breakfast frittata
- roma or med size tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c
- black olives, chopped
- 1 c
- fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c
- scallions, snipped with kitchen scissors
- frozen sausage links or patties like jimmy dean
- 3/4 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Loaded breakfast frittata
- 1Quick prep slice and dice your vegetables.
- 2Defrost lightly the sausage links or patties in the microwave, about 30 seconds. You just want to defrost enough to coarsely chop.
- 3Stir eggs in a large bowl with 1 T water. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir again.
- 4Spray a large skillet with PAM or other cooking spray and turn to medium high heat.
- 5Mix all the vegetables you chopped into the egg and cheese bowl. Give a good stir to combine.
- 6Pour the egg mixture into a hot skillet. If you like a little extra cheese on top, feel free to sprinkle on some more. Turn the heat to medium and put a lid on the skillet. Cook the frittata for approximately 12 minutes. You can give the skillet a little shake/shimmy to see if the middle of the frittata is set. If it looks wet and shakes, it's not done, continue to cook for another minute or two and check it again. You can use a spatula and peek under the edge to make sure the bottom is not browning too quickly.
- 7When you are ready to plate, use a pizza cutter to portion into 6 equal servings.
- 8Serve with a side of buttered toast or hot biscuits.