Loaded breakfast frittata
2roma or med size tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cblack olives, chopped
1 cfresh mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cscallions, snipped with kitchen scissors
6-8frozen sausage links or patties like jimmy dean
3/4 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 to 1/2 tspgarlic powder
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Loaded breakfast frittata
- Quick prep slice and dice your vegetables.
- Defrost lightly the sausage links or patties in the microwave, about 30 seconds. You just want to defrost enough to coarsely chop.
- Stir eggs in a large bowl with 1 T water. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir again.
- Spray a large skillet with PAM or other cooking spray and turn to medium high heat.
- Mix all the vegetables you chopped into the egg and cheese bowl. Give a good stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a hot skillet. If you like a little extra cheese on top, feel free to sprinkle on some more. Turn the heat to medium and put a lid on the skillet. Cook the frittata for approximately 12 minutes. You can give the skillet a little shake/shimmy to see if the middle of the frittata is set. If it looks wet and shakes, it's not done, continue to cook for another minute or two and check it again. You can use a spatula and peek under the edge to make sure the bottom is not browning too quickly.
- When you are ready to plate, use a pizza cutter to portion into 6 equal servings.
- Serve with a side of buttered toast or hot biscuits.