Loaded Breakfast Burritos
What started out as an experiment one Saturday morning has quickly become one of our favorite morning meals. Enjoy!
4 largeflour tortillas
3 co'brien-style frozen potatoes
1 Tbspchili seasoning mix
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cchives, chopped
·salsa to taste
·sour cream to taste (optional)
How to Make Loaded Breakfast Burritos
- Pan-fry bacon over medium heat until crisp. Set aside to cool, then crumble into small pieces.
- Leave enough grease in the pan to fry the potatoes and spoon the extra grease into another frying pan to cook the eggs.
- While the grease is still hot, lay the potatoes in an even layer in the pan. Cover the pan and let the potatoes cook over medium heat until nice and brown, adding chili seasoning mix when the potatoes are almost browned.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl (if desired, add extra chili seasoning mix). Pour into the smaller frying pan with reserved grease and cook over medium heat, stirring gently. Stir the crumbled bacon and cheese into the eggs when they are about half-cooked, then let them continue to cook until done.
- Pile the cooked potatoes, cheesy-bacon-eggs, chives, salsa and sour cream onto one tortilla at a time and roll into burritos to serve.