Kitty's Spinach Quiche
This is incredibly good even warmed in the microwave as leftovers.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A perfect blending of flavors... a scrumptious quiche! This makes for an impressive presentation, ideal for a special occasion brunch or luncheon. The Test Kitchen
1 1/4 call-purpose flour
1/3 cwhite shortening
6 slicebacon cut into small pieces (raw)
1/2 conion, chopped
3 cfresh baby spinach chopped (do not pack)
1/2 csour cream
·salt, pepper, & a pinch of ground nutmeg
2/3 cshredded mozzarella
1/2 cshredded swiss cheese
How to Make Kitty's Spinach Quiche
- Cut shortening into flour using a pasty cutter until flour mixture is small pea-sized beads.
- Add water and blend by hand just enough to form dough, then roll out on floured cloth.
- Fit pie crust to pie pan, crimp and prick bottom and sides with a fork. Line pastry with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bake in 450-degree oven for 8 minutes, remove the foil, bake 5 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- While pastry is baking, cook bacon and onion together in a medium sized skillet till bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- In medium sized bowl beat eggs then add the rest of the ingredients and blend together.
- Pour egg mixture into warm pie shell and bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool at least ten minutes before serving.