June Cleaver's Cinnamon French Toast
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar
- yellow peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 slice
- white or sourdough bread or brioche (i used cinnamon bread)
- 3 large
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make June Cleaver's Cinnamon French Toast
- 11. In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter until it foams. Add the brown sugar and stir for 30 seconds. Add the peaches, raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 22. Heat oven to 200° F. Place 4 slices of the bread on a cutting board. Divide the peach mixture evenly among the slices, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Top with another slice of bread and press gently.
- 33. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and cinnamon. Working in batches, soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture for 2 minutes per side.
- 44. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry 2 sandwiches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining butter and sandwiches.
- 55. Beat the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Halve each sandwich on the diagonal, sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.