- potatoes, medium, peeled
- 1 small
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, ham, or sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- margarine or butter if not using bacon drippings
- green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms or any other vegetables you like (cooking ahead w/the meat can also be done unless a crunchier veggie is preferred
- shredded cheese (cheddar is always good)
How to Make Hopple Popple
- 1Cut bacon and cook to desired doneness (or cook sausage, or brown diced ham). Remove from pan.
- 2Shredd potatoes and onion and add to pan with bacon drippings (if using) or melt butter/margarine prior to adding potatoes/onion. Flatten and cook until browned. Cut into large pieces to turn and cook other side.
- 3Crack all eggs into large bowl and scramble well while potatoes are cooking. Add salt/pepper.
- 4When potatoes are cooked add meat and if using veggies, add them here, too. Break up potatoes and mix w/veggies. Add eggs and mix well while cooking. More salt/pepper can be added if needed.