Homemade Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- slices of crisp bacon
- slice of cheese
- an egg prepared your favorite way
- for the biscuits:
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 5 tablespoons shortening (unsalted butter or margarine)
- 1 cup sour milk (this is achieved by adding 1 tsp. vinegar to the milk and letting it sit for a few minutes)
How to Make Homemade Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- 1In a bowl combine the flour and sugar.
Add the shorting and crumble with your fingers to incorporate into the flour. Make a well in the center and gradually add the milk, combining it into the flour as you pour.
Gently form the dough. Do Not Overwork the dough or the biscuits will not be fluffy.
Flour a clean surface to roll the dough to about ¾ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits to desired size (a coffee cup works well as the biscuit cutter).
Butter a cast iron pan and place biscuits in the pan.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes.