★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cchopped onion
1/4 cchopped green bell pepper
1/4 tspdried thyme, crushed
1 cswiss cheese, shredded
How to Make Hashed Brown Omelet
- In a covered saucepan cook whole potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until almost tender.
- Drain and chill until cool enough to handle.
- Peel potatoes; shred to make 3 cups.
- In a 10 inch skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Combine potatoes, onion, green pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, put into skillet.
- Cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until underside is crisp and brown.
- Combine eggs, milk, thyme, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper.
- Stir in bacon and cheese; pour over potatoes.
- Cover; cook over low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until surface is set but still shiny.
- Loosen edges of omelet; cut into wedges.
- May substitute 3 cups cooked packaged hashed brown potatoes.