Green Tomato Omelet with Basil1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- green tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- cornmeal or flour
- light olive oil or butter
- 6 large
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- basil leaves for garnish
How to Make Green Tomato Omelet with Basil
- 1Dredge the tomatoes in the cornmeal or flour.
- 2Heat enough oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan to cover the surface.
- 3Fry the tomatoes briefly on each side until they are lightly colored.
- 4Don\'t let them get soft.
- 5While the tomatoes are frying, lightly beat the eggs with the scallions and basil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Pour them over the tomatoes.
- 8Let the eggs sit for about a minute, then give the pan a shake to loosen the bottom.
- 9Cook over medium-low heat until the eggs are nicely colored on the bottom, then slide the omelet onto a large plate.
- 10Place the pan over the plate, invert it and return to the heat to cook the other side.
- 11When done, turn the omelet out onto a serving plate and serve sliced in wedges and garnished with fresh sprigs of the herb you have used.