Green Tomato Omelet with Basil1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbgreen tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
·cornmeal or flour
·light olive oil or butter
3 Tbspchopped scallions
2 Tbspfresh basil leaves, chopped
·freshly ground black pepper
·basil leaves for garnish
How to Make Green Tomato Omelet with Basil
- Dredge the tomatoes in the cornmeal or flour.
- Heat enough oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan to cover the surface.
- Fry the tomatoes briefly on each side until they are lightly colored.
- Don\'t let them get soft.
- While the tomatoes are frying, lightly beat the eggs with the scallions and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour them over the tomatoes.
- Let the eggs sit for about a minute, then give the pan a shake to loosen the bottom.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the eggs are nicely colored on the bottom, then slide the omelet onto a large plate.
- Place the pan over the plate, invert it and return to the heat to cook the other side.
- When done, turn the omelet out onto a serving plate and serve sliced in wedges and garnished with fresh sprigs of the herb you have used.