I lived in this small beautiful hilly Seaside town over looking the Los Angeles harbour and the Pacific ocean.
From my tiny apartment, perched high on a hill, I could see the harbour & all the Mountains surrounding Los Angeles. During the winter time I could see the snow capped mountains of Los Angeles, San Gabriel & San Bernardino while I sat in 70 degree weather.
It was a short walk up the hill to the old Lighthouse which over looks the Pacific ocean & out to Catalina.
How to Make French Omelette
- Have a cast iron skillet with a lid and use the clarified butter to coat well the bottom and sides.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Beat the yolks until foamy.
- Fold egg yolks into egg whites until well incorporated.
- Gently pour the eggs mixture into the heated cast iron skillet. Cover and slowly cook until fluffy and done.
- I loved making this with a chopped onion that had been browned well, before making the omelette. I poured the eggs on top of the onions and cooked. Then I covered in Hollandaise sauce.
You can use any ingredients you want.