How to Make French Omelet
- 1With a fork, beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper till mixture is blended, but not frothy.
- 2Heat an 8 inch skillet with flared side.
Add butter, let sizzle and browm lightly.
Tilt pan to grease sides.
- 3Pour in omelet mixture; leaving heat moderately high.
With fork tines up and parallel to skillet, rapidly stir through top of uncooked egg.
- 4Keep omelet an even depth.
As you stir uncooked egg zigzag fashion out to edges, cooked bits will come to center.
Shake pan constantly to keep egg mixture moving.
Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5When egg is set but still shiny, remove pan from heat.
If desired, spoon mushrooms cooked in butter, or other fillings across center; fold sides of omelet over, envelope style to hold in filling.
- 6Tilt pan and roll omelet onto hot plate.