Feta Cheese Omelet -- Greek
Family and friends go for it as well. I try to watch my intake of eggs, as well as cheese and other things so this is a once every two week treat or so. I normally forgo breakfast, but I insure my guests do not. They are normally served whatever will Content their Heart. Meaning Guest Choice. And most, graciously take advantage of the well prepared morning offerings. They normally awaken in shifts, so I can keep pace, with my standard four burner range. I join them with my cup of Coffee. Or, second, third or fourth cup.
- eggs well beaten
- 2 oz
- feta cheese prefer cake style sliced
- salt and pepper
- dab of olive oil and butter to pan
- 1/4 c
- frozen spinach drained and squeezed (optional)
How to Make Feta Cheese Omelet -- Greek
- 1Add just a dab of olive oil and butter to fry pan, heat to medium heat.
- 2Beat the 2 Eggs well and add to pan. Those with a bigger appetite use three Eggs. I stir the Egg in wide circles from the center as it cooks, until it starts to set. And then lower heat to low. Stirring adds a little lightness to it.
- 3When Egg is 2/3 cooked I place the sliced Feta Cheese on 1/2 the top and cook a bit longer. I then flip half on top of the other and then flip whole thing to other side to provide additional heat for the cheese. You want it Golden but not Brown, and the Feta Cheese to show signs of melting somewhat.
- 4Note: An excellent addition is to add the well drained Spinach after placing the Feta Cheese atop.
- 5Toast and beverage of choice -- And Breakfast is Served.