Fajita Steak/Feta Cheese Omelet
After enjoying Taco Seasoned Fajitas for two days I had to do something else with the small amount of seasoned Sirloin Steak Strips that were left.
Pairing them with the Feta Cheese worked well. I believe I got the inspiration from other member posts on this site. Happy Cooking.
How to Make Fajita Steak/Feta Cheese Omelet
- 1Heat oil in fry pan over medium heat.
- 2Beat eggs for omelet, I added one tablespoon of water while beating. While cooking swirl the eggs from the center until almost set. I believe this makes for an airier omelet.
- 3Cut the prepared Fahita meat strips into bite sized pieces and pre-heat in microwave for 40 seconds. Place meat over one half of the omelet.
- 4Add the coarsely chopped Feta Cheese to top along with Fajita meat. (I prefer to buy the cake variety of Feta Cheese rather than the crumbled, so that I can cube for salads and other uses).
- 5Turn heat to low and allow Feta Cheese to soften slightly. Flip the un-topped side of omelet over the topped side. Cook for additional minute. (Use a little more caution than I did for the one in the photo -- Hello! I'm still working on that perfection thing). Still have a ways to go.
- 6Slide omelet from pan and serve.
- 7Note: I usually pre-heat my serving plates or platters in the microwave for 2 minutes or so to warm the plates for serving. This insures the meal stays warm to the last bite of goodness. Enjoy
- 8Note: You could use any steak or left over roast, as well as the cheese of your choice for this.