Eggs On A Cloud (Toaster Oven)
How to Make Eggs On A Cloud (Toaster Oven)
- 1Turn on the broiler. Toast the bread. I did this in my regular toaster because it takes too long in the toaster oven, though its up to you. This step is important because it needs to be stiff to hold the eggs. Spread with the Vegan Margarine.
- 2Get 2 small custard cups and separate the egg yolks from the whites. Put each yolk in it's own custard cup.
- 3In a medium bowl, whip up the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 4Put the toast on the broiler pan. Divide the egg whites in half and put half the egg white on each piece of toast.
- 5Make a small well in the middle of each egg white and carefully slip one yolk in one and one yolk in the other. Try not to break the yolk, otherwise it may run down onto the toast. The idea here is to keep the yolks in their own little cloud.
- 6Sprinkle with the pepper.
- 7When the broiler is hot put the broiler pan with the toast and egg under it and broil for about 5 minutes. Try not to put the eggs any closer then 3" to the boiler or it might burn. You can also do this in a regular oven if you prefer. Keep an eye on it, some ovens are hotter then others. When the whites are brown, the egg yolk should be runny like a soft cooked egg.
- 8Put your eggs on a cloud on your serving plate and dig in!