Eggs in a bath
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 tspbutter, melted
·salt and pepper
How to Make Eggs in a bath
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 ºF (180ºC).
- Spoon 1 tsp melted butter into 4 (6 oz/ 90 mL) ramekins. Crack one egg into each ramekin. Salt and Pepper as desired. Place the filled ramekins in a baking pan (large enough so they are not touching each other).
- For a softer texture, eggs are baked in a French water bath method. Place the pan on the oven shelf and pour in enough boiling water into the pan to reach 1/2 -2/3 up the side of the ramekin.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes (baked eggs are done when whites are set and puffy but yolks are just starting to set).
- Serve with toast to dip in the soft yolk.