I like to serve this with a side of fruit as it's a super rich meal and the fruit tends to help round it out.
- eggs for poaching
- 2 TBSP
- white vinegar
- english muffins - lightly toasted
- 16 Slices
- cooked bacon ( or 8 pieces of ham)
- egg yolks
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice (fresh or concentrate)
- 1/2 LB
- melted butter *do not use margarine*
- white pepper
FOR THE EGGS
How to Make Eggs Benedict
- 1Fill a large pot with water, add the vinegar, bring to a boil. Poach your eggs in this water, 2-5 minutes depending on how well you like your eggs done
while they are poaching split the english muffins and lightly toast them. Once toasted place on plate and add bacon or ham, if using bacon break pieces in half to fit on muffin.
Once eggs are poached remove from simmering water and drain/blot to remove excess water. Place on top of ham/bacon on the English Muffin
You can do this when the eggs are poaching or right after you take them out. As long as you pre-melted the butter. This sauce takes about 1 minute to make
Put 6 egg yolks, lemon juice, pepper into the blender and turn on to high, blend for about 30 seconds then slowly very slowly stream in the melted butter take your time with this or you won't get the right consistency. Once all the butter is incorporated, pour the sauce over the English muffins with the bacon/ham and egg on them and serve right away.