I saw this on Facebook and tweaked it to make it mine.
2 slicecolby jack cheese, diced
1/2 cham, diced fine
dash(es)salt and pepper (to taste)
·breakfast meat, cooked (optional)
·vegetables of choice (optional)
How to Make Egg-lettes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the milk, salt and pepper. Whisk 1 minute.
- Pull out a muffin tin. Spray 6 cups with cooking spray or lightly grease 6 cups. (If using a 12 cup pan, use the middle six cups.)
- Divide the cheese and ham into six portions. Place one portion of ham into each of the greased muffin cups. Top the ham with the portions of cheese. Gently ladle the egg mixture over the ham and cheese. Each cup should be 3/4 full.
- Put the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
(I shook the pan gently, looking for a jiggle, to see if they were done. You can also insert a knife in the middle of the eggs. If the knife comes out clean, they're done.)
- Remove the eggs from the oven, let cool 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.
- Notes: You can add leftover vegetables to each cup. Cooked breakfast meats, like bacon or sausage. Even some fresh herbs on the top. Chef's choice.
You can do a sunny-side up egg, but it will be completely cooked. No runny center.