Easy Cream Cheese, Caramelized Onion and Bacon Quiche
My family loves Quiche with homemade biscuits or even whole wheat toast. I serve it with apple butter, jams and jellies.
Found this one on Picky Palate web site.
1refrigerated 9-inch pie crust (or your homemade)
1 largesliced white onion
1/4 tspsea salt
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
5 ozsoftened philadelphia cream cheese
3/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbspfresh chopped parsley
1 Tbspfresh chopped cilantro
How to Make Easy Cream Cheese, Caramelized Onion and Bacon Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 dF and spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon, stirring until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard drippings.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until onions are golden and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat.
- Unroll pie crust, lay in bottom and up edges of prepared pie plate.
With fork, poke holes in bottom and partially bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- Layer cooked onions over bottom of partially baked crust, top with bacon pieces and cream cheese pieces.
- Pour eggs over bacon and top with cheese, parsley and cilantro.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until eggs are set and edges are browned.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into pie shaped wedges...serve with homemade biscuits, butter and apple butter.