Easy Cream Cheese, Caramelized Onion and Bacon Quiche
My family loves Quiche with homemade biscuits or even whole wheat toast. I serve it with apple butter, jams and jellies.
Found this one on Picky Palate web site.
- refrigerated 9-inch pie crust (or your homemade)
- 1/2 lb
- 1 large
- sliced white onion
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 oz
- softened philadelphia cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh chopped cilantro
How to Make Easy Cream Cheese, Caramelized Onion and Bacon Quiche
- 1Preheat oven to 350 dF and spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon, stirring until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard drippings.
- 3Add onions and cook, stirring until onions are golden and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat.
- 4Unroll pie crust, lay in bottom and up edges of prepared pie plate.
With fork, poke holes in bottom and partially bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- 5Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a large bowl, whisking to combine.
- 6Layer cooked onions over bottom of partially baked crust, top with bacon pieces and cream cheese pieces.
- 7Pour eggs over bacon and top with cheese, parsley and cilantro.
- 8Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until eggs are set and edges are browned.
- 9Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into pie shaped wedges...serve with homemade biscuits, butter and apple butter.