Double-Boiler Scrambled Eggs
Got the picture from Google images.
How to Make Double-Boiler Scrambled Eggs
- Place a couple inches of water in the bottom of a double boiler and heat until boiling, reduce the heat to very low.
- Place the top of the double-boiler in place when water is simmering. Add the butter
- Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper together. At this point you can add fresh herbs chopped, Place in top half of the double-boiler in the melted butter.
- Cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon or spatula, until eggs are thickened into soft curds, 15 minutes or when they are the consistency you want. Just remember as long as they are over the water they will continue to cook.
- You can add your favorite cheese, herbs, crumbled bacon or use your imagination. If you use 1/3 cup cream cheese add it after the eggs just start to set cube it and reduce the milk to 1/4 cup.