Diabetic Eggs Bunyan
To make it look elegant garnish with a sprinkle of paprika or chopped chives or a little of both.
Don't like mushrooms!? then halve 2 avocados, scoop out the flesh into a bowl add a teaspoon of lemon juice & mash them up. Spread this on the toast as the 1st step in the layering, and continue!
4 slicewhole wheat bread, toasted & cut in half
4 sliceprovolone cheese
12fresh mushrooms, sliced
8 slicecrisp bacon, drained/crumbled
8 largeeggs, fried or poached
1 pkgknorr hollandaise sauce
How to Make Diabetic Eggs Bunyan
- Make Hollandaise according to pkg directions
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain well, crumble & set aside for use in step 5
- Toast the bread lightly in your toaster
- Spread with butter
- Place toast on baking sheet.
- Layer in this order 1. tomatoes, 2. mushrooms, 3. crumbled bacon, 4. provolone cheese
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts.
- Top with fried or poached egg
- Spoon Hollandaise over the top