Diabetic Eggs Bunyan
To make it look elegant garnish with a sprinkle of paprika or chopped chives or a little of both.
Don't like mushrooms!? then halve 2 avocados, scoop out the flesh into a bowl add a teaspoon of lemon juice & mash them up. Spread this on the toast as the 1st step in the layering, and continue!
- 4 slice
- whole wheat bread, toasted & cut in half
- tomato slices
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 slice
- provolone cheese
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 slice
- crisp bacon, drained/crumbled
- 8 large
- eggs, fried or poached
- 1 pkg
- knorr hollandaise sauce
How to Make Diabetic Eggs Bunyan
- 1Make Hollandaise according to pkg directions
- 2Cook bacon until crisp, drain well, crumble & set aside for use in step 5
- 3Toast the bread lightly in your toaster
- 4Spread with butter
- 5Place toast on baking sheet.
- 6Layer in this order 1. tomatoes, 2. mushrooms, 3. crumbled bacon, 4. provolone cheese
- 7Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese melts.
- 8Top with fried or poached egg
- 9Spoon Hollandaise over the top