Deviled Huevos Rancheros in a Nest
- dozen extra large eggs
- english muffins
- 14 oz
- can la costeña® refried black beans
- 12 oz
- container kraft® philadelphia whipped cream cheese
- 1 c
- pico de gallo or your favorite salsa
- 3 Tbsp
- creamy dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and cracked pepper
- minced baby chives, green onions and dill sprigs for garnish
How to Make Deviled Huevos Rancheros in a Nest
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Separate English muffins and remove a small amount of the interior bread to create a “nest”. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Lightly butter the inside of each nest, then spoon approximately one tablespoon of the prepared refried black beans and smooth to the inside edge. Layer a tablespoon of pico de gallo or a favorite salsa over the beans and spread evenly to the edge of each muffin.
- 3Separate each egg by placing one white in each muffin and reserving the yolks in a Ziploc® Zip’n Steam® Microwave Cooking Bag. Sprinkle a bit of kosher salt and cracked black pepper on top of each egg and place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until eggs are set and muffins are toasted.
- 4Seal Zip’n Steam® with all twelve yolks, removing excess air in bag. Microwave at medium power for about 2 minutes, no more than three. Remove from microwave and place in large bowl of cold water [not iced] and let set and cool for a few minutes, or until they are easy to handle [I suggest placing Zip’n Steam® in a Ziploc® Freezer Bag so water does not seep into the yolk mixture].
- 5In a mixing bowl, combine yolks, whipped cream cheese, mustard, cayenne pepper, kosher salt and cracked pepper and quickly whip until fluffy. Place in piping bag with a star tip or in Ziploc® bag with a 1/4" tip cut-out and pipe a fluffy mound on the top of each “nest”.
- 6Garnish with minced baby chives, minced green onions and a tiny sprig of dill.
- 7Serve warm. Buen provecho!