How to Make Delicious Grits Breakfast Bowl
- 1Cook bacon strips to preferred doneness. Pat off excess grease and set aside.
- 2Dispose of most of the grease from the pan that the bacon was cooked in.
- 3Saute the red onion slices in the left over bacon grease and set aside.
- 4Using the same pan (add butter/oil if there is not enough bacon grease left), cook the two eggs over easy.
- 5While the eggs are cooking, place the contents of each package of grits into two separate microwave safe bowls. Follow directions for cooking the grits.
- 6When the grits are done cooking in the microwave, place one of the over easy eggs in each bowl. Top with three strips of bacon (cut if desired), the sauteed onions, and 3 to 4 semi-thick slices of cheddar. Serve hot.