Creamed Eggs and Biscuits
How to Make Creamed Eggs and Biscuits
- Preheat oven according to biscuit package instructions. Lightly cover baking sheet with cooking spray or oil. Place biscuits onto baking sheet.
- Mix the cornstarch into about 1 cup of the milk and set aside to combine
- Place biscuits into preheated oven and bake according to package directions.
- Melt the butter in large saucepan over low heat until completely melted and begins to bubble lightly.
- To the melted butter, slowly add the the 1 cup milk/cornstarch mixture and stir constantly with whisk to combine. Turn up heat to medium and bring to a light boil again.
- Slowly add as much of the remaining milk as needed to bring the mixture to a creamy gravy texture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in diced eggs and heat through. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm until serving.
- Remove biscuits from oven and cool slightly.
- Slice hot biscuits in half horizontally and place on plate. Pour creamed egg mixture generously over each biscuit.
Dig in and Enjoy while they're hot!
- There are probably a hundred different ways you can tweak this recipe to suit your individual taste, but this plain and simple way is my favorite. Save any leftovers in a microwavable pitcher, so you can quickly heat and re-serve leftovers as desired.