Crab and Havarti Omelet
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ozdungeness crabmeat
3 Tbspunsalted butter
3mushrooms, wiped clean, trimmed and sliced
1 1/2 Tbspwhipping cream
·salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ozhavarti cheese, thinly sliced
1/2plum tomato, seeded and chopped
1green onion, choppped
How to Make Crab and Havarti Omelet
- PICK OVER THE CRABMEAT to remove any bits of shell or cartilage. If the crabmeat is quite wet, squeeze out the excess liquid. Set aside.
- MELT 2 TABLESPOONS OF THE BUTTER in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until tender and the liquid they give off has evaporated, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- MELT THE REMAINING TABLESPOON OF BUTTER in a 10-inch omelet pan or skillet (preferably nonstick) over medium-low heat. Whisk the eggs and cream together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the omelet pan and cook until just barely set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the omelet with the cheese and cook until it is melted, about 1 minute.
- Add the crab, sauteed mushrooms, and most of the tomato and green onion (reserve a little for garnish).
- FOLD THE OMELET IN HALF and cook for another minute or two to allow the filling to heat through, then gently slide the omelet onto the serving plate. Scatter the reserved tomato and green onion over the top, and cut the omelet in half to serve.