"Come and Take It" Mini Breakfast Cups
1 mediumonion, diced
1 mediumgreen pepper, diced
6fresh mushrooms, sliced
6 Tbspmonterey jack cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
6 ozcooked ham, diced, or breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
How to Make "Come and Take It" Mini Breakfast Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a slice of bread, trimmed to size, in the bottom of six individual souffle or au gratin dishes.
- Microwave or skillet fry the bacon for a few minutes, just until it begins to cook but is still pliable. Place each slice around the edge of each dish.
- Divide diced onion, diced pepper, cheese, ham or sausage, and mushrooms between the six dishes, spreading ingredients over bread. Place all six dishes on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. When cracking eggs, allow most of the white to fall away, then put an egg on top of each dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until egg has set.
- You can also make this a vegetarian dish by omitting the sausage or ham (or using soy/protein equivalents) and using veggie slices (such as zucchini or eggplant) in place of the bacon.