1/2 pkgpie crusts (1 pre-made crust)
1 Tbspbutter, softened
8 slicemaple flavored bacon
1/4 lbshredded swiss or gruyere cheese (1 cup)
2 cheavy cream
1/8 tspground red pepper
How to Make Chuck Wagon Quiche
- Prepare pie crust mix as label directs for 1 crust pie; use to line 9 inch pie plate.
- Spread pie crust with butter. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
- Over medium-low heat, cook bacon slices until brown but not crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon with cheese on pie crust.
- With fork, beat eggs, cream, salt, and ground red pepper. Pour over bacon and cheese in pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake 40 minutes.