Campfire Breakfast Burritos
1/2 csteak, cooked and diced
1 Tbspdiced onions
1 Tbspdiced green pepper
1 Tbspmushroom pieces
1/2 cshredded cheese
1large tortilla or 2 smaller ones
1ziploc bag, sandwich size
How to Make Campfire Breakfast Burritos
- We did a lot of the prep work before we left for the trip, making a ziploc bag of each ingredient. That way each person could choose what they wanted in their bag. Each bag makes either 1 large burrito, or 2 smaller burritos.
- Place large dutch oven or pot full of water onto fire to boil.
- We cooked steak the night before on the fire, so we took the left over petite sirloin steaks and diced them up to use.
- Take one sandwich bag - put 1/2 cup of the breakfast meat in the bottom. Add about 1 tablespoon of each addition into the bag. Add shredded cheese. Crack 2 eggs into each bag. Seal the bag.
- Squeeze the bag gently, making sure to break yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Place all the bags in the boiling water and cover for about 5 minutes. Remove lid and check. Bag should be solid. If not, cover again and cook for a few additional minutes until cooked through.
- Remove bags from water with tongs. Place on plate to cool for a minute or two. When you open the bag, the egg mixture should come right out. If you have large tortillas, this will make 1. If you have smaller tortillas, you can cut the cooked eggs down the middle long ways and make 2 out of it.
- You can top the burrito with anything else you choose before wrapping up and serving.
- Some additional ideas for ingredients and toppings -
Diced ham, cooked
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Sausage, cooked and diced
Topping ideas -
Anything you would put into an omelet can go into these. Depending on what your tastes, you can add spices, more cheese on top, or none at all. And each person can make their bag with what they want in it and top it with whatever they want.