Cajun Eggs Benedict for Two
HOLLANDAISE WITH A KICK
1 tsplemon juice
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1/4 cbutter (1/2 stick)
PUTTING IT TOGETHER-
·salt and pepper, to taste
·chives, for garnish
How to Make Cajun Eggs Benedict for Two
- FOR THE HOLLANDAISE:
Add egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, paprika, and cayenne to a tall, narrow cup that fits the head of an immersion blender. (Or put ingredients in a regular blender)
- Melt butter until a thermometer registers the butter temperature at at least 200º F.
- Start blending the egg mixture with your immersion blender. Stream hot butter in a little at a time while you run the immersion blender, letting the hot butter cook the eggs and blending until hollandaise is light and fluffy and all butter has been incorporated. (Blend in a few teaspoons of water to loosen it before serving, if it's too thick.)
- TO PUT IT TOGETHER:
Slice the sausage in half lengthwise and then slice in half again across the middle. Heat sausage pieces in a pan until edges are starting to brown
- Poach eggs in hot water until whites have cooked completely, about 4 minutes.
- While eggs are poaching, toast the English muffin.
- Finally - put two sausage pieces cut-side down on top of each English muffin half.
Top with a poached egg, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle hollandaise sauce over eggs. Garnish with chopped chives.