Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe caught our eye because you prepare everything the night before. In the morning, just bake it! This casserole is super flavorful. Perfect if you're having house guests and need an easy breakfast or hosting a brunch. The Test Kitchen
8 slicefirm white or whole wheat bread
1/2 cbutter or margarine, softened
24 ozgrated cheddar cheese
1 can(s)chopped green chilies
8 sliceCanadian bacon, finely chopped
2 1/2 cmilk
1/2 chalf and half
3/4 tspcayenne (less or more--to taste)
3/4 tspdry mustard (less or more--to taste)
3/4 tsponion powder (less or more--to taste)
How to Make Brunch Eggs
- Use the softened butter to butter the bread on both sides and cut the slices into cubes.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with Pam (or use any butter you have left from the bread to butter the pan) and spread the bread cubes evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese, Canadian bacon and chilies evenly over the bread cubes.
- Beat the eggs, milk, half and half and spices together in a bowl and then pour the mixture over everything and put in the fridge overnight.
- Thirty minutes before you are ready to bake, take the dish out of the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.