I'll have just one if served with a side of beans and rice or two by themselves.
8 cspinach, fresh
1chipotle chili (canned in adobo sauce), chopped
12 slicethin sliced smoked ham
1/2 cromano cheese, shredded
dash(es)optional: hot sauce (sriracha) or salsa verde
How to Make Breakfast Tostada
- Preheat the broiler. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, cook the tortillas for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are hot and slightly crisp (do not allow the tortillas to become too crisp at this point since they will continue to crisp under the broiler). Place on a baking sheet.
- Melt another tablespoon of butter in the pan and add the chopped chipolte chili. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted. Add in a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and drain any excess liquid in a mesh sieve. Divide and layer the spinach on the tortialls.
- Sauté the sliced ham in the pan on high heat, for about 30 seconds to a minute. Add the layer of ham to the tortillas.
- Turn the heat down to medium and melt the last tablespoon of butter and fry the eggs until the whites are just set enough to lift and layer on top the tortillas.
- Sprinkle shredded Romano cheese on top the tortillas and broil on high heat until the cheese is melted (1 to 2 minutes).
- Serve with the hot sauce or salsa verde. I also like to serve with a side of black beans and rice.