- fresh corn tortillas (warm) -may also use flour tortillas if you prefer them
- 8 large
- eggs (scrambled)
- 8 to 10
- strips of bacon, fried & crumbled (or may cook 5 to 6 ounces of bulk breakfast sausage loose/in little pieces)
- 1 can(s)
- refried beans, heated in microwave
- 4 to 6 oz
- leftover french fries or use frozen, fry them till done, chop into pieces
- 8 oz
- shredded cheddar, colby or jack cheese
- 1 can(s)
- enchilada sauce (i love to use a green tomatillo sauce! it's delicious!)
How to Make Breakfast Enchiladas
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a glass baking dish, spray non-stick spray. Scramble your eggs and fry your bacon and crumble it up, or you may fry some bulk breakfast sausage in small pieces or chunks. Heat refried beans in microwave, and fry french fries and cut into pieces.
- 2To build your enchiladas, add some egg, bacon (or other meat of your choice)diced cooked french fries, refried beans, etc.and a small amount of cheese and roll them up. Secure them with a toothpick if you need to. Once you have them all filled and rolled up, Pour on top the kind of enchilada sauce you like. (As I mentioned with the ingredients, I like to use a green tomatillo sauce to top these enchiladas. If you use this, you may prefer to use shredded Mozzarella or Swiss cheese.) Top with cheese. Note: It is hard to roll up over-filled enchiladas. (Practice makes perfect!)
- 3Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes...Enough time to heat-through well and the cheese starts to brown just a tiny bit. Serve hot with salsa of your choice. This serves 4 people 3 enchiladas each.
Buenas Dias y Buen Probecho Y'all!