- 1 pkg
- (15oz) refrigerated pie crusts..cut into halves to make 4 semi circles
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dash of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- bacon(about 10 slices),crisp-cooked and cut into 1/4
- 2 c
- (8oz)mexican-style cheese,divided
- 4 Tbsp
How to Make Breakfast Empanadas
- 1Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Place pie crusts on prepared baking sheet.
- 2Beat 1 egg and water in a small bowl until well blended;set aside.
Beat remaining eggs,salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended.
Heat large skillet over medium heat.
Add butter; tilt skillet to coat bottom.
Sprinkle bacon evenly in bacon.
pour eggs into skillet and cook 2 minutes without stirring.
Gently start stirring until eggs form large curds and are still slightly moist.
Transfer to plate to cool.
- 3Spoon one fourth of the cooled scrambled egg mixture onto half of each pie crust.
Reserve 1/4 cup cheese;sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over eggs.
Top with salsa.
- 4Brush inside edges of each semicircle with the reserved egg-water mixture.
Fold dough over top of egg mixture and seal edges with fork. (flour fork tines to prevent sticking,if necessary.)
Brush tops of Empanadas with remaining egg-water mixture and sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup cheese.
- 5Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.